We aim to engage, motivate and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
Music teaching at Eastbrook Primary School follows the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music; providing a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum; ensuring the progressive development of musical concepts, knowledge and skills. Music is a unique way of communicating, it is a vehicle for personal expression, and it can play an important part in personal and cognitive development.
Our Music curriculum is based on the award winning Charanga scheme of work.
The aims of our Music curriculum are to develop pupils who:
- Can sing and use their voices.
- Create and compose music on their own and with others.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Progress to the next level of musical excellence.
- Have opportunities to learn a musical instrument.
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated.
- Understand the work of great composers and musicians.
- Enjoy and have an appreciation for music.
- Use musical language.
- Make judgements about the quality of music.
- Have opportunities to play a wide variety of instruments.
- Take part in performances.
- Perform and share a range of musical styles.
- Listen, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions.
- Have opportunities to study a range of musical styles and genres, e.g. Jazz, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock etc.