Instrument of Government
- The name of the school is Eastbrook School.
- The school is a Community school.
- The name of the governing body is “The governing body of Eastbrook School”.
- The governing body consists of: two parent governors; one LA governor; one staff governor; one headteacher; twelve co-opted governors.
- The total number of governors is 17.
- The term of office of all categories of governor is three years.
- This instrument of government came into effect on 21 October 2019.
- This instrument was made by order of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Local Authority on 21 October 2019.
- A copy of the instrument is supplied to every member of the governor body.
Roles and Responsibilities
Governors are at the heart of how a school operates. They are responsible for making sure the school provides a good quality education for all students and helping to raise standards of achievement. Governing body are accountable to parents, the local community and the Local Authority.
The Governing Body:
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- plans the school’s future direction.
- selects the head teacher
- makes decisions on the school’s budget and staffing including the performance management policy
- makes sure the agreed Curriculum is well taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupil’s spiritual, moral and cultural development
- makes sure the school provides for all pupils including those with special needs.